Lost the keys to your storage unit? It happens to all of us. Whether your keys are really lost, or you couldn’t remember where you placed them, it can be stressful knowing that you have important documents or other precious items in your storage unit. The first thing that would probably come to mind is how to possibly open your lock without a key. Don’t worry; we can help you.
1. If you lost both the original and the duplicate key, the first thing you need to do is to inform our staff as soon as possible.
2. The next step is to hire a licensed locksmith for lock removal. We can recommend a professional locksmith to cut the lock. You can’t cut a lock off of a storage unit. It’s against our policies and, frankly, could cost you a lot more than just the cost of a new lock. (Especially if you accidentally damage the storage unit’s door.)
3. You can call a professional locksmith on your own, but you need to stop by the office. We need to know because they need to confirm the information for safety and security. A form will need to be signed at the office. Keep in mind that you will need to be at your storage unit during the scheduled appointment.
4. Make sure you purchase a new lock. We sell a variety of disc locks in our office. If you decide to purchase a lock elsewhere, make sure that you buy a high-quality lock for your storage unit.
5. After removing and replacing with a new lock, ensure that you store the duplicate key separately.
We’re here to help and we take pride in providing only the best in customer service to all our tenants.